Monday, March 26, 2018

Prince Charming must be Lost

     When the Outlawz sketch came out last Wednesday, I knew right away I wanted to use it on one of my projects.  I just had to decide what and how.  Then, as I was scrolling through my TLC collection, I found this delightfully funny sentiment and knew exactly how I wanted to put together a card.  And you thought Prince Charming was a myth!  lol


Here's the sketch from Outlawz.


     I started with the paper scraps which were on my crafting table, cutting and trimming them to the sizes I wanted, keeping the sketch in mind.  While I took a couple of liberties, I stayed pretty close to the original this time.  I inked the edges of each piece with a purple ProMarker, setting them off from the lavender and red violet colors.

     I printed out the sentiment image and cut it with a Gina Marie die, then inked the edges of that piece.  I began layering everything together and decided to put them onto an embossed piece of white CS.  I had used my "Linen" embossing folder on several pieces of CS and one of them was still on the desk so I used it.

     I dug out my Nuvo Crystal Drops and added three tiny dots of it to the bottom corner of the gingham check dp.  That was it - almost CAS with all the open space, except for the patterns in the dp.  Still, it's very flat and will mail easily.
   
     Challenges:
Create with TLC
Creative Moments
Dream Valley
Get Creative
Incy Wincy
Paper Girls
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrappy Land
Unicorn

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Lol!! Sounds like my prince too!! Such a great sentiment, and one that all women can relate to!!! Love the way you framed the sentiment!

Linda Simpson said...

Love the sentiment on this card Connie, gorgeous layout and of course I love the colours too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Your card is so pretty Connie - but I swear, that sentiment is going to keep me laughing for days and days! Hilarious!
lynn

Jean said...

Great card and what a fun sentiment love it.
Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
Jean xx

Mel Gee said...

Beautiful elegant card.
Thank you for entering our Challenge at Creative Moments http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.co.uk
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.com/

creationsnz said...

Oh NanaConnie, I had a good laugh at this sentiment, beautiful work and layering (love those paisley squares). So glad you shared with us at Incy Wincy, CarolG

creationsnz said...

Further note: I had this up on the screen & Hubby just happened by, read it and killed himself laughing!

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 372, Hazel DT - hope to see you again soon x

Teresa Arsenault said...

That is hilarious. Great design too. hugs, Teresa

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.

Helen x

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card and a fab. take on the sketch, the fun sentiment leads to a good laugh especially with the classy background! Well done!
hugs
Glenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Saw this on the Outlawz, I think it's perfect!.
Faith
x

Brittany M. said...

Beautiful purple! Such a lovely card. Thank you for joining us Paper Girls in our embossing challenge!

Abela Artistry said...

What a fun sentiment... Perfect for the girls in your life... Good Luck!!
Thanks for entering it in our Creative Moments challenge blog!

Kristy Abela -
https://abelaartistry.blogspot.com.au
https://www.instagram.com/abela.artistry
https://www.facebook.com/abela.artistry