Sunday, June 25, 2017

Holly Hedgie

     Time for another Christmas card.  I'm not yet caught up on my promise to myself to do one card per week between January and August, then 2 or more from September to Christmas, but that's because I simply did none at all in January, February and March.  So much for promises to self.  lol  But once I started in, I've been pretty consistent and have made several to make up for the missing 12 weeks.

     This darling little hedgie (Penny Black), prancing about with the holly branch, dropping berries everywhere, in sheer love of the season, is a favorite stamp of mine and perfect for a sweet but simple Christmas card.  I wanted to be able to use it for one of the many men/boys in my family so I held back on the embellies.


     The image is colored with ProMarkers and gel inks, then the oval is cut with an Unbranded die.  Both the papers are from the scrap basket and the green ribbon is also a tail-end left over.  The sentiment is from QKR Stampede and it's cut by hand.

     I must tell you that after I photographed the "finished" card, I kept looking at how flat it was and I went back and added tiny, red, pom poms to each of the holly berries.  It gave it great dimension and texture but I didn't have time to re-photograph it.  You'll just have to imagine it in your mind.  :-D

     Challenges:
ABC Christmas
A Snowflakes Promise
Crafting by Designs
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Crafty Sentiments
Holly & Ivy
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Penny Black and More
Penny Black Saturday

     I'll have another post this afternoon, much more appropriate to our summer activities, but I did want to slip in one of the Christmas cards I've been doing.  I must have about 10 now that I've not yet shared but you'll see most of them as pre-scheduled posts when I'm traveling away from my blog this summer.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

chrissy xx said...

What a sweetie he is! I LOve your colours and design. Such a fun sentiment too. Thank you so much for joining us over at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Hugs
Chrissyxx

Helen said...

That is so cute! Love your little hedgehog.

Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

Helen x

Janis Lewis said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing at Holly & Ivy.
~DT Janis

Donna Ellis said...

Adorable, and beautifully colored!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good for you making Christmas cards, this is a wonderful card, with or without pom poms LOL.
Faith
x

Daniela said...

Wonderful christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card, lovely stamp!
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

Anonymous said...

aww, that happy little hedgie is adorable and i love your colouring on this festive christmas card! thank you so much for playing along with us this month at the penny black and more challenge.
linda

brenda said...

Such a very pretty creation with the cute PB hedgie, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More June challenge.

B x

Jackie C said...

Just uber cute! Absolutely gorgeous, love it! Thanks for sharing at Holly & Ivy. Jackie DT member.

Beatriz said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments designs this time, good luck and hope to see you next time, hugs Beatriz dt

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 339 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too x

Helen said...

Awww....such a sweet card!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge & ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card love that Hedgie ... So cute
Thanks for joining us at PBSC
Hugs Sylvie xx

Greta said...

Super cute Christmas card & I love your sentiment treatment! I can imagine the berries--great idea! So glad you joined us at PBSC!