Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Missing You

     This lovely image is from The East Wind and I just loved coloring her!  She was perfect for autumn colors and leaves.


     I colored her with my ProMarkers, then used a die from Spellbinders to cut her out.  I cut yellow CS with that same die and used the little leaves that fell out of the frame to insert into the white frame of the image piece.  I adhered a scrap of fall leaves dp to the card front, then layered on the image and the yellow leaves.

     I used a leaf die (Die-namites) to cut both yellow and brown CS, and added those leaves.  The die makes a strip of leaves so I had to cut them apart to use them the way I did.  Final touch was the burlap bow which has been 'dyed' with a Buttercup Yellow ProMarker.

     Challenges:
Angie's Digital Stamps
Brown Sugar
Cards in Envy
Crafty Boots
Crazy Challenge
Creative Corner
I {heart} ProMarkers
Lemon Shortbread
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Melonheadz Friends
Paper Girls
Pile It On
Time Out
Whoopsi Daisy

     I really hope fall is going to arrive soon.  Yesterday, in the last week of September, we hit 101 degrees!  That's more than 50 days we had over-100-degree temperatures during the three summer months (nearly 20 more than is usual for us and I hate every one of them!) and now 2 more days over 100 even though it's officially fall.  I'm tired of the heat.  I want cool days, crisp nights, and no thoughts of hot days for at least another 8 months.  Is that too much to ask?  lol  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" BOX BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

12 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Beautiful card and your colouring is just amazing. Thank you for playing alongwith the Crafty Boots Autumn Challenge.

Dionne

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous autumnal card Connie, love the background and beautiful image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card that is such a beautiful image I love it. Autumn is just starting here the weather has changed. Take care. Hugs Jackie

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous coloring on that image! I love all the leaves and their different colors. This screams FALL, and I hope you see some of it soon. Much too hot there!
Lynn

LisaM said...

Love all the leaves and colored image! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Stunning card Connie, love the leaves in the die and the die leaves, coloured beautifully.

We are never happy about the weather are we? I am sitting here, ready to put the heating on and seeing it pour with rain, as it has for the last 2 days, we can hardly see across the road because of the low cloud UGH! The other side of the country is basking in sunshine!
Faith
x

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful design Connie! Love the die cut leaves with the Fall colors and that image is so pretty too!! HUGS

Donna Ellis said...

Oooh! Sooo pretty, Connie! Lovely image and so beautifully shaded! Your coloring is fantastic! I am off to investigate this company. Thanks for the tip! Hugs, de

Lynn said...

I hope the weather does cool off for you soon! Our weather dropped a lot this week! Your coloring is beautiful on your card!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Dreja said...

Ganz große Klasse! Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Creative Corner.
LG Dreja

Wendy Fraser said...

Such a pretty card, fab image and the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

Ellen said...

Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen