Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Early Bird

     Is this the cutest baby owl you've ever seen or not?  I fell in love the instant I saw it and, since it's from Limited Runs, it was perfect for an entry into their 3rd Facebook challenge.


     I combined two different images from Limited Runs, the mushrooms and the owl.  The little worm happens to be part of the image with the owl.  I printed the mushrooms, then colored them with my ProMarkers.  I hand cut that piece so that it was just slightly smaller than the card front and put brown CS behind it.

     Next, I printed and colored the owl and worm, also using my ProMarkers.  I fussy cut those pieces and added them to the mushroom piece. The owl is mounted on foam tape which gives some fabulous dimension to an otherwise very CAS design.  It also makes it look like the owl's pounce is imminent.  :-D

     Finally, I printed, hand cut and matted the sentiment, adding it to the upper corner of the card.  No ribbon, no bows, no flowers, no gems -- just a flat, simple card, easy to mail.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Addicts
Craft Your Passion
House of Cards
Ike's World
Inky Chicks
Simon Says Stamp
Word Art Weds.

    Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" BOX BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.  

15 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fabulous image.xxx

ike said...

How cool that is and such lovely images. Your colouring is great and I like how you fussy cut and put this piece together :-) He really does look like he's about to pounce down and get his dinner. :-D
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Lin said...

What a fun design, Connie - the baby owl is adorable, and I love the bright colors! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card just love that expression Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
Ike'sWorld challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

Veronique said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow this image is very cool and I love how you've made the owl pop off your design!! So fun and colorful! HUGS

Sall said...

This is so cute and adorable. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

crafty said...

Gorgeous and adorable. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting From the Heart.
Mary

Susan Renshaw said...

Love that image!
Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Susan
DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the expression on this too cute owl. Fabulous job of merging images. You are one talented lady.
hugs
Glenda

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card....Thank you for playing this week at CYP....Joolsx

Gale said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Jo Ann said...

This is cute and love the layering. We are so blessed of your joining our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and hope you'll join us again in the new Challenge that started today. Leaving you with the encouragement from God's Word in 2 Timothy 2:10 which says, "For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory." Have a wonderful week.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Em Louise Fairley said...

He certainly is cute, and your coloring is amazing. ​Thanks for joining us at House of Cards this month. We hope to see you again soon.

​E​m AKA Creative Em
HOC DT

Rosmarie said...

Really cute how he is sitting on the mushrooms :)
Thank you very much for joining us at House of Cards.
Rosi x